Although our SHIFT Forums take a summer vacation (just like you), midlifers still like to have fun! Check out the service and social SHIFT events we’ve planned for July and August.
What are you waiting for? Slip on on your flip flops and come join us!
Fare for All (Food Group) Social – Monday August 28th
SHIFT members and friends are planning to join Fare For All to give back to our Mpls/St.Paul community, as well as have some fun together at the same time!
Who is Fare for All?
Fare for All is a community driven program that buys fruit, vegetables, and frozen meat in bulk to save individuals and families up to 40 % off grocery store prices. Click here for more info about Fare for All.
Whom do they serve:
Individuals and families wanting to stretch their food dollars during difficult economic times. Fare for All is open to the public.
Fare For All has been in Minnesota for almost 25 years. Nine years ago, Emergency Food Shelf Network created a new program model called Fare For All Express. At Express sites, customers do not have to pre-order or pre-pay. The site is cash and carry, allowing customers to see exactly what will be in the packages before purchasing the items.
Can you Serve?
We are currently seeking SHIFT volunteers who would like to join us in helping prepare packages for the upcoming Fare for All Express Events.
- Date: August 28th
- Time: 5 – 7 pm serving/packing at the Food Group;
- Social Time: 7- 8:30 pm we will gather at Pub42, a nearby eatery, for some additional social time.
- Where: The Food Group is located at 8501 54th Ave. N. in New Hope (55428)
- How many SHIFT-ers are needed? We need a minimum of 10-12 volunteers, but we can accommodate up to 50.
- Cost: None
- Registration: For more event details and to RSVP/register, use THIS LINK.
We look forward to spending some time together giving back to our community and sharing social time together with our amazing SHIFT members and friends. See you there!
Got questions about your next steps? Deciding what ideas to turn in to action? Want to explore those ideas with others on a similar life journey?
SHIFT-IN Network Groups are a small group meet-up for people in work or life transition and are here to assist with courage / curiosity / resolve. Come and enjoy a ‘cuppa’ and good conversation designed to create a sense of direction, encouragement and support. No reservations required, you can just drop in as your schedule permits!
- Minneapolis Lowry Hill East – 8:15 am Saturdays
- Minneapolis Uptown – 11:15 am Saturdays
- St. Paul East – 8:15 am Saturdays
- St. Paul Como Pavilion – 10:15 am Mondays
Cost: $5 per session due at time of your visit, plus we ask that you plan to support our host facilities with a purchase of a beverage or treat (when applicable).
SHIFT Circles are a three-session series of small-group life/work discussion and planning. In a Circle, knowledge from actual lived experience is valid knowledge and each 2-hour session is led by one or two experienced facilitators. In a setting of acceptance and support, you’ll explore your strengths and challenges, connect with others, and create a future vision that includes initial action steps.
- Where: Danish American Center, Minneapolis (South Porch)
- Time: 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm,
- When: 3 consecutive Tuesday Nights, July 11, 18 and 25th
- Cost: Members always $35 | Non-members $70 (discount for early registration)
- Registraton: Take me there.