How to Leave a Legacy that Matters
What words would your friends use to describe you? What words would your family use? Your business partners?
Is your impact something that you can be proud of? Are your behaviors aligned with your values and beliefs? What do people think of when they think of you?
Each of us can have a profound impact on this world by sharing our time, talent and resources. By modeling generous behavior. And by pouring our passions into our lives to make a tangible difference.
At this Forum, Catherine Manning will facilitate discussion, group sharing, and guided writing exercises to help you create an intentional plan for positive impact on the people and causes that matter most to you.
You’ll discover how to:
- Go beyond being charitable and create a legacy of generosity
- Focus your efforts while giving of your time, talent and resources
- Discover meaningful activities to model your behavior
- Learn how to teach and inspire the next generation to live compassionately
About Our Presenter
Catherine Manning completed her LifeSAGEr training through Celebrations of Life in Minneapolis.
As an independent certified Legacy Journey facilitator, Catherine assists individuals and families as they record their values, wisdom and generosity for their loved ones and future generations.
She has presented at Normandale Lutheran Church, First Universalist Church and OLLI Osher Lifelong Learning Institute courses at Jewish Community Centers in Minneapolis and St. Paul, the Edina Senior Center and the Kenwood senior community.
Monday, April 4, 2016
Reception: 6:30 pm
Presentation: 7:00-8:30 pm
Event fee: $10 for members; $20 for non-members
Location: Minnesota State University Mankato at Edina
(use elevator to 1st Floor)
7700 France Ave S
Edina, MN 55435
Excited about this event? Feel free to download our promotional flyer and share with your friends and colleagues. Download here.
- From east or west I-494: Take France Ave. exit to the north.
- From south on France: Turn left on Minnesota Dr. Take first right into west parking lot.
- From Hwy. 62 east or west: Take France Ave. exit to the south.
- From north on France: Turn right on Minnesota Dr. Take first right into west parking lot.
Free parking on the west side of the building. Enter building from that side.
Note: Please do not use the east parking lot. Doors on the east side are locked at 5:30 pm, and guards are instructed not to open them for visitors.